NEW!

Comments made easier! Feel free to try!




Friday 20 July 2012

I've done it!

It has taken nearly three years, but I have finally gone and done it, whether or not I can actually afford it.

I have gone to a lawyer to discuss the legal options for filing suit against the bastard that started the fire that burned my house to the ground.

In the initial interview, both The Wife and I had to relive the events of that fire.  It wasn't easy for either of us, but it was necessary.  Where we live, one has a maximum of three years to file.  The date of the fire was the 9 September, and in seven weeks, that window will be forever closed.

To make this happen I have had to sacrifice some bills that may make the next two weeks less that pleasant, but such is life.  Right now, they can simply get in line.

At the end of the day, the sentimental stuff that was lost in the blaze can never be replaced, but I'll settle for the money and the apology.  I couldn't have gotten through the crisis without the support of many people.  The local theatre group raised a few hundred.  The Sisters of Mercy at The Wife's place of work.  Her family and past students at a previous school. They all came forward with money, as did the wonderful people at the Salvation Army.

I also won't leave out the people Mobil Tolga that gave us free fuel for two weeks immediately following the fire.

All of you, money raisers and donors, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

But the guy who started the fire, not an apology nor a dollar to my knowledge has come.  So to you I say,  if you won't come to me, the mountain will come to Mohammed.

10 comments:

  1. Go get the bastard. We can't legally "remove" stupid people from society, so you might as well sue them......dipshit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A little advice from someone who had to sue (and won). Don't put anything on your blog that you don't want picked over in court. The other side even read our personal diaries, webpages etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent news! I think no matter what the result, you'll know you did this and it's good. People need to face the consequences of what they do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope things go well for you and you get money and the apology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And so you should! It's good to hear that your community is supporting you throughout this. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your support. It means alot to me. Rebecca, your advice is sound, and will be taken to heart. I don't think I have said anything I'm not willing to let them see.

    Misha, I don't know what those comments mean- the ones I deleted. But no one should be speaking of anyone, for good or ill, without being willing to put their name to it. Therefore, I regulate said comments to the depths of not on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish you win the court battle!!! Really sorry you and Lois had to relive the pain and ugly memories just so you can get legal closure.

    ReplyDelete